Saturday, April 12, 2014

Communication and secrets

We are always in communication with one another, no matter what we try to hide. In life, there really are no secrets. I find that I do a disservice to not only myself, but those that that I am in relationship with when I am not transparent about my needs, desires, essential truths and boundaries. Yet, I have noticed sometimes when I don’t receive the response within the interaction or connection I initially wanted, that experience can be a powerful catalyst for deepening my awareness on what my actual desires or needs are within the relationship.

If I don’t allow myself to freeze or shut down when a wound is triggered and I invite myself to open to all that I am feeling, I can transcend into a space where the initial need or desire seeking to be met by the other, is now being met and actualized by me. From this new ground of awareness I can make a choice and discern truly how I would actually like to relate.

Do I want to relate from a place in which I am seeking externalized attention or validation because I myself feel empty or incomplete without other, or am I moving from a place of grounded clarity through my practice of learning to attune to my own inner voice of wisdom that is showing me exactly how to nourish and love myself?

Personally, I am continuously working towards the latter, of nourishing my own fullness so that it is the overflow of my fullness that dances and naturally invites in a potent space of relatedness and connection with grace and ease. When I continuously honor that space of deep listening, I am never led astray. I am only led onto pathways that will support the growth and the continued cracking open of my authentic expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment